- Your car is the second largest investment you are likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- Never drive a car that can be unsafe because of damages.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or may leave your car at our shop and we will ask your insurance
company to inspect your car at our facility.
- Be aware that some insurance companies want you to get 2 or more estimates, so they will pay the lowest estimate. There is no law requiring you to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of you choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop if you don't want to.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you are not sure why an estimate is different from another one you've received, please ask us.
We will take the time to go over the estimate.
- Choose a shop that has unibody repair equipment and certified (I-CAR or ASE) technicians.
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
- Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
- Let us help to coordinate your claim with the insurance company or your fleet management company.